The primary purpose of this system is to ensure that the surface mining environment is safer by achieving the following:
- Intelligent vehicle to vehicle slow down and stopping
- Non-intelligent vehicle to vehicle slow down and stopping
- Vehicle to vehicle detection and warning
- Vehicle to pedestrian detection and warning
- Operator fatigue management
- Blind spot monitoring
- Vehicle to vehicle collision avoidance
- Data download and report
- Fleet management
Achieving the above will contribute to a significant reduction in mobile machinery related accidents.
Providing early perimeter warning notification can give vehicle operators and pedestrians a head start in deciding how to manoeuvre during or before the critical decision making period.
The Schauenburg Systems Surface Proximity Detection System is a vehicle and personnel tracking and collision awareness system, compatible with SCAS II underground equipment that uses advanced detection technologies and algorithms designed to save lives and reduce costs.